How to deal with insomnia
It would seem, insomnia is not so serious and happens to everyone. However, today this disease, and it is really an illness, has become a worldwide problem. We are all familiar with such minor inconveniences at first glance like trouble falling asleep, hours without sleep at night, or drowsiness and fatigue during the day. Of course, all these factors are not our friends. They get in the way of our daily lives and hinder our ability to function normally during the day. The physical energy, mental balance, productivity and health depend on the normal sleep. Therefore, we should not treat this issue carelessly.
How can we know whether sleep problems are insignificant, or they are a sign of more serious sleep disorders? If you still do not accept insomnia as a problem, learn the signs and symptoms of sleep disorders:
- You suffer from irritability or drowsiness during the day
- You fall asleep while watching TV or reading
- You fall asleep or feel tired at the wheel
- You have difficulties with concentrating
- You often look tired
- You react slowly
- You have problems with control of emotions
- You often want to take a nap
- You can not do without caffeinated beverages
Common signs and symptoms of insomnia:
- You find it hard fall asleep at night
- Frequent awakening during the night
- You find it difficult to fall asleep again if you wake up at night
- Your sleep is superficial, fragmented
- You can not sleep without sleeping pills or any supplements
- Drowsiness and low energy during the day
Why do we experience such difficulties with sleeping? What is the reason? Any sleep disturbances may be caused by such things as stress, jet lag, health status, medication, or even the amount of coffee that you drink throughout the day. In addition, it may be mental illnesses, such as anxiety and depression.
Before you run to the doctor, consider how serious your problem is.
There are some simple ways to avoid insomnia and to accustom your organism to the normal healthy sleep:
- The first and most simple rule that you have to remember – a walk before going to sleep in the open air.
- An hour before bedtime, you should not engage in heavy physical work or strenuous mental work.
- Favorable conditions for a restful sleep are also very important. Ventilate the room before going to sleep, or even open the window for the whole night.
- Your bed should be comfortable, and blanket – light but warm. Don’t hide under it with the head and don’t cover your face with a pillow.
- The main rule for healthy sleep is a calm atmosphere, so make sure that you won’t be disturbed.
- It is advisable to go to bed no later than 11 PM and at the same time each day.
- Dinner should be light. This is useful not only for a good sleep, but also for the figure. Avoid coffee, tea and alcohol. These products cause stimulation of the nervous system.
- Take a warm relaxing bath with sea salt and foam for approximately 10-15 minutes, and then immediately go to bed.
- Drink a glass of warm milk or water with honey before going to bed.
You need to try to forget about insomnia and do not worry that you can not fall asleep. The most important thing for a quick sleep is a relaxation of the body and relief from anxiety and fear.
Of course, it all helps if you are customized favorably when you are able to escape from the surrounded problems and calm down. If you can not tune in a positive way by yourself, try the following home remedies:
1. Take 50 grams of dill seeds and cook for about 15-20 minutes over medium heat in 0.5 liters of Cahors wine or port wine. Then let it brew for an hour, drain and squeeze. It is recommended to take 50-60 grams before bedtime. This uncomplicated medicine is harmless to health and provides a good sleep.
2. Lavender oil also has healing properties for the treatment of insomnia. You should lubricate your temporal lobe by this oil. Or you can use it internally. A recipe is simple: take 3-5 drops of lavender, mix with 1 tsp of sugar, and drink by small sips slowly before going to bed.
3. Wash your feet with hot water before going to bed. This procedure relieves fatigue, calms the nervous system, improves sleep.
If these tips do not help you, and the situation is worse each day, don’t hesitate and consult a doctor. Take care of your health!