How to get rid of mosquitoes
Summer! Sun, fruits and berries, light clothing, fragrance of flowers, outdoor recreation… Wonderful time of the year and nothing can overshadow it. Almost nothing. And this tiny unpleasant component of warm season is called mosquitoes!
And we ask a reasonable question how to protect the surrounding area and directly ourselves! You can find plenty solutions to this problem at the store. However, what if you went on a picnic and forgot all these devices? Or your outdoor recreation does not provide sockets to connect the device against all these annoying insects.
These natural remedies are not always close at hand, but after all, the alternative is also important! And indeed, sometimes these things are easier to find than the socket. So, I’d like to offer you a number of ways, to be exactly – murderous flavors, to banish mosquitoes!
1. Take 100 grams of camphor or valerian, and evaporate over the burner. It will help to get rid of flies and mosquitoes even in very large rooms.
2. Finely chop fresh leaves of bird cherry or mountain ash, and rub the exposed skin. The insects won’t disturb you.
3. Essential oils of cloves, basil, anise, eucalyptus:
Take the available oil at the rate of 5-10 drops per cup of water and lubricate the exposed skin. You can drop the oil into a source of fire – a fireplace, a bonfire, a candle or a heated pan. Moisten a cotton wool in oil of these plants and put it on the windowsill. This will help if you do not have nets on windows.
4. This advice is suitable if you live in the countryside. Take fresh elderberry branches or tomato leaves, and place in the room – such smell reliably scares away the mosquitoes.
5. If you plan gatherings with friends around the bonfire – throw some branches of juniper into the fire.
6. The smell of cedar oil repels not only mosquitoes but also flies and cockroaches. Well, agree, this is a more pleasant smell than any chemical spray agent from the store.
7. If you wash your face by a decoction of roots of Artemisia, no insect will look in your direction. I can’t say that it is a smell which you always want to feel on your skin. However, if you have an allergic reaction to the bites of insects, and the trip to the forest is inevitable, this method will save you. The recipe is in the following: take a handful of chopped roots, pour them with 1,5 liters of water, bring to a boil and infuse for 20-30 minutes.
8. If the liquid for the electric fumigator is over, don’t rush to the store for a replaceable block. Fill the empty bottle by 100% extract of eucalyptus. Quiet night is guaranteed.
9. Take a lemon and some stars of clove. Cut the lemon in half and poke a few stars into each half. Put beside the bed, and sleep peacefully.
10. One more recipe. You will need:
– a glass jar;
– a lemon, cut into slices;
– a lime, cut into slices;
– 2-3 sprigs of rosemary;
– essential oil of lemon and eucalyptus (7-10 drops).
Place the slices of citrus fruit and sprigs of rosemary into the glass jar. Add the essential oils of lemon and eucalyptus. Now the jar can be filled with water so that the candle fits on top. And now, just light the candle and enjoy a nice refreshing fragrance! The mosquitoes will not disturb you.