How to use lemon as a cosmetic
Continuing the theme of benefits of lemon, I’d like to consider its advantages as a cosmetic tool.
All citrus have unique properties which are used in cosmetics. For this purpose, cosmetologists use everything: flowers, leaves, fruits. You can care of yourself with these fruits using not only the professional care products, but also homemade. So, let’s find out some important properties and tips.
Most unsurpassed quality of lemon and the very first of its cosmetic properties is whitening skin and care of hands.
Dry skin on elbows
This recipe belongs to our grandmothers. This is an effective way to combat dry and darkened skin on the elbows. In order to prepare it, you should lubricate the elbows by cream and rub by the lemon juice. Then, after 10-15 minutes, rinse elbows with water and lubricate by cream again.
Emollient liquid for hand care
1. Mix lemon juice, glycerin and cologne in equal parts. Grease your hands as needed.
2. Mix one tablespoon of lemon juice with two teaspoons of potato starch and two teaspoons of flour. Grind this mixture thoroughly and apply the resulting paste on your hands. Rinse after 15 minutes.
Cleaning and whitening of nails
Manicurists recommend the use of such a simple recipe for nail care: squeeze the juice of half a lemon into a small bowl with warm water and submerge your fingertips for 3-5 minutes. After this bath, rub the nail plates by the lemon zest.
Lemons are rich in alpha- and beta-hydroxyl acids, which perfectly remove dead skin cells, moreover, lemons help to fight acne, pigmentation and other problems on the skin. Scrubs, prepared on the basis of lemons – a great refreshing and cleansing agent.
1. Squeeze juice of one lemon, add a little salt, dip a cotton swab and wipe your skin. These procedures are useful for oily skin.
2. For dry skin you should mix juice of one lemon with olive oil (1: 1) and lubricate skin of the face and hands by this composition.
3. Chop one lemon with peel (but without seeds) pour a glass of vodka and leave in a dark place for 2 weeks, shaking occasionally. Lubricate freckles by this means before going to bed. If you feel a burning sensation, add a little water into the resulting composition.
4. One of the best recipes – prepare a strong decoction of roots of parsley and mix it with lemon juice (1: 1). Clean your skin in the morning and evening.
5. To lighten pigment spots use lemon juice as follows: apply the juice on the problem areas, leave for 10-15 minutes and then rinse with warm water. It is recommended to use whitening means against pigmentation and freckles in the autumn-winter period.
6. Another recipe for skin whitening: take 10 drops of lemon oil, 10 drops of jojoba oil, 1 tablespoon of mashed potatoes, mix and apply as a mask for 7-10 minutes, rinse with warm water, then, rinse again by infusion of chamomile.