How to train yourself to wake up early
Are you an Early Bird or a Night Owl? Such a useful as early rise is a serious problem for many people. Many people justify their late rise by the night work, someone refers to the properties of the body, allegedly – I am more active during the night hours, and moreover, was born in another hemisphere, I’m used to! However, like it or not, regime is a right thing. Life circumstances do not always meet halfway, when with tears in your eyes you say – but I can’t get up so early! Waking up early in the morning or in the afternoon – it’s just a force of habit. If you understand this and are willing to adjust to a different way, you may ask a logical question – how can I learn to get up early and be cheerful in the morning?
The first rule – in order to get up early, you need to go to bed early. So simple! But not. Sometimes it is even more difficult than to get up in the morning. Do not wait until you feel sleepy – go to bed at the same time each day. If you do not suffer from insomnia in the strict sense of this word, and in this case there are a few tips.
– The first step, turn off the lights and all electrical appliances. Darkness will signal the body to release a hormone melatonin that causes drowsiness. Try for 1-1.5 hours before bedtime not to watch TV or work on the computer. This slows down the release of the required hormone.
– Add to your bedroom a pleasant aroma of essential oils. Many people advise to use lavender, but it all depends on personal preference. You can add oil of bergamot or geranium into the water, and spray the fragrance around the bedroom. Sometimes a sprig of mint helps, prudently left near the pillow.
– Do not drink coffee after 2 PM. Caffeine can interfere with sleep even after 6 hours! Leave this fragrant cup for the morning.
– Reduce the consumption of alcohol. Often it helps to fall asleep as the body relaxes, but it is harmful to healthy sleep – especially for quick and deep phases.
– Avoid eating before bedtime, 3-4 hours. This is useful not only for the figure, but also for healthy sleep. Your body will try to digest food, and it will complicate the process of falling asleep.
– Set the alarm for the evening, about an hour before bedtime as a reminder that it’s time for you to relax and finish your affairs.
– Do your every evening routine always at the same time – brush your teeth, take a bath, prepare pajamas, read a book. The organism will consider these actions as a signal – “it’s time to get ready for bed.”
– Before going to bed, make a plan – do list for the morning, for which you definitely need to get up early.
The second rule: the first 5 minutes after waking up are very important, so make them as comfortable for yourself as you can. As soon as you open your eyes, think of something good – your family, the places where you were happy, your dreams and pleasant plans. Next, stretching in bed – it will awaken your body. Take a few deep breaths – it will saturate it with oxygen. Do some exercises lying down for good blood flow and circulation. Massage your neck, temples, eyebrows and earlobes. Rub palms and your entire body. Start to rise slowly. Sit on the bed and drink a glass of water. It is advisable to leave it in advance on the nightstand beside the bed.
However, do not stretch these minutes. The more you are lying down, the less you want to get up. Often such a trick as an alarm clock on the other side of the room works on all 100 percent. If you get out of bed in order to turn it off, you will be more motivated not to lay down again.
Remember to do it every day, even on weekends. Then you will develop a habit and rise up in the morning easily and with pleasure.